Round Cakes: Where to Buy Them, What's in Them & How Much You'll Spend
Need a simple, round, frosted cake for your Rock Paper Sprinkles party? Look no further than this post, where we've outlined the details on how to easily find one.
- 8"-10" round
- Double layer
- Smooth frosting with no borders
(These parameters work best if using the cake topper provided in your Rock Paper Sprinkles party package.)
1. Cake from a Local Bakery:
Purchase a custom cake from your local bakery. Price tag should be approx $45.
2. Ice Cream Cake from an Ice Cream Store:
Ben & Jerry's is the place to go. You can fill in your order online with specific instructions on frosting. Price tag should be approx $30.
3. Cake from the Bakery Section in the Grocery Store:
Many grocery chains have in-store bakeries that will make customized cakes. The easiest way to order a cake to your choosing is to call or visit the store's bakery department directly.
Here are a few examples of pricing on an 8-10" cake, by grocery store chain:
- Food Lion: $11.99
- Hannaford Supermarket: $14.99
- Kroger: $12.99 (easy online ordering)
- Publix: $19.99
- Safeway: $16.49 (easy online ordering)
- Save Mart: $18.99 (easy online ordering)
- Wegmans: $22.00 (easy online ordering + no artificial flavoring in frosting or batter)
- Weis Markets: $12-15
- Whole Foods: $26.99 (no artificial flavoring in frosting or batter)
4. Grocery Stores That Do Not Make Custom Round Cakes:
FYI, Harris Teeter is one grocery store that does not take custom requests for cakes.
Too busy to throw a special birthday party or exceptional play date at home? Next time, buy a Rock Paper Sprinkles party, and get your props, costumes, favors, supplies, and fun-focused guide - filled with a story narrative of games - delivered to your door.